Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the web according to google #86: calendar and documents

1) I already use Google Calendar at home and at work. My personal calendar includes everything important: birthdays and holidays, work items, due dates for bills, etc. At work, we use the calendar to enter vacation days, programs, etc for all the staff in a particular department. This consolidates all important information in one place and makes scheduling much more convenient.

2) I also already use Google Docs at home and at work. At work we use this feature (along with Google Sites) to upload the desk schedule and make it viewable to all staff members. Personally, I don't think Google Docs is as functional as Microsoft Word, but I still use it because anything I do is accessible from any computer with the Internet. I mainly use this for uploading things that I change frequently, like my list of books read. It's convenient and sometimes convenience is more important than all the fancy bells and whistles (many of which Google Docs lacks).

No comments: