Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the web according to google #87: google reader

1) Although I don't use any application that only serves as a feed reader, I do have feeds associated with my personal blog. I find this very convenient because I'm already checking that part of my blog all the time to see what my friends have posted, and can see feeds from other sites at the same time. But since the focus of this post is Google Reader, I did take the tour (which was very very short). I don't think I'll ever feel inclined to get blog feeds through Google Reader, but I can see how it would be convenient for people who want to consolidate all their blogs into one feed.

When I was doing the tour, Google had sample feeds, one of which was a photographer's post about visiting a ghost town on a tiny island off the coast of Japan. I highly recommend this post.

2) All the blogs I follow have feeds. Currently, some of my favorite feeds are for Go Fug Yourself, Cute Overload, and Lolcats. Cute pictures, snarky commentary, and cats with poor grammar. What could be better?

No comments: