Wednesday, October 17, 2007

del.icio.us

The bookmark networking tool del.icio.us is, quite simply put, delicious.

A few weeks ago I finally did some investigating, discovered the awesome that is del.icio.us, and created my own bookmarking account. I even have the nifty "bookmark this" button in my Firefox browser. That, let me tell you, makes a world of difference. I can find a site, click the button and immediately create titles, notes and tags for the bookmark. It's amazing!

There are several reasons why I love the whole idea of del.icio.us. I'll share those reasons in numbered list format (because I have a deep love of listing).

1. With del.icio.us, bookmarks can be accessed from any computer in any location with internet access. This is brilliant! Now, if, while surfing the web at home, I stumble across a site that would be perfect for work related ideas, I can bookmark it immediately, confident that it will be accessible from work. It's wonderful! No sticky notes (which I confess I still adore) to keep track of, no long urls to write down, no emails to send myself. It's all in one place.

2. Sometimes bookmarks disappear. My mom has this problem a lot. She'll log off one day and the next day all of her carefully hoarded bookmarks are gone. Poof! Vanished! Lost in cyperspace! With something like del.icio.us, the chances of this happening are very slim. And, if they do, she could at least take comfort in knowing that thousands of people are in the same boat.

3. Tagging, bundling, and notes make me a happy, happy camper. I had a few folders set up in my original bookmarks file, but they were a hassle. Tagging is so much easier. I can give one link several tags and create chains that are fun to follow and ridiculously handy.

So, del.icio.us. It is an amazing tool. It is made of everything that is awesome and good and brilliant and wonderful.

I think it is safe to say that del.icio.us is yummy!

No comments: