Thursday, October 4, 2007

RSS Feeds: part I

So I've been looking forward to RSS feeds all week long, right?

Now I've set up a bloglines account and got down to the tedious business of subscribing to feeds.

I have come to the realization that I don't much care for bloglines. I dislike the format of the site, the way you add feeds, how only the newest posts in a feed show up unless you go through an extra step to make them all appear, and how the posts look on the site.

Frankly, I'd rather be one of the folks who goes to each blog they avidly follow to see if they've updated. I like reading entries as they're meant to be formatted, with specific backgrounds, pictures, etc. I like moving from blog to blog to website to news site to blog to twitter to...you get the picture.

And, when all's said and done, bloglines does not feed my procrastination monster. I am definitely one of those people who would rather see if perhaps that person who hasn't updated in days has finally got with the program and posted than do dishes. Or clean the bathroom. Or go to the post office. Or balance the checkbook.

See? Bloglines, it just ruins my whole routine.

The only useful thing that came out of setting up this bloglines account was discovering that Meg Cabot has a blog. I adore her books, for teens and adults. And now I'll read her blog! Hurrah!

I'm just not impressed at the moment. But I'll keep adding feeds and checking out the other gadgets and see where it all leads. Maybe I'll fall in love.

Or maybe not.

No comments: