Friday, October 12, 2007

Library Elf

My honest opinion about Library Elf? You asked for it.

I'm not that impressed. In fact, I think I might have to go back in and stop the emails because I really don't want to be receiving emails from two different places about the same exact thing. What a waste of my time that is, checking messages only to see the same information.

Now, Elf would have been great a few months ago, when I lived in the vicinty of libraries from two different systems and regularly had books checked out on two cards. But now I only live near one system and I am deluged with emails as it is. Library Elf can tell me nothing I wouldn't already know from emails from the system or checking my account online.

For some people, Elf could be an invaluable resource. For me, it's not all that useful.

But I am still completely enthralled by Library Thing and have begun work on my personal library collection. It's addictive! I want to sit in front of my bookcase and go shelf to shelf, book to book, adding each title. You, yes you, iHCPL, have created a monster!

No comments: